22 March, 2009

engaging the Niki de los Reyes-Torres Carroza Challenge 2009 [part 1 of some number]

This post goes out to one of my dearest friends, Brian Maestro, who sent me this message around two Fridays ago: "Are you ready for the Niki de los Reyes-Torres Carroza Challenge?"

It does say much about the company you keep when they, in their own ways, look out for you. That message kind of prompted me to actually get started with the preparations for this year's Holy Week activities. Yeah, I know what you're thinking: "Only now?

Well, I refuse to panic on this one. Because maybe I'll be panicking plenty come this Holy Week when I actually am at the ancestral house orchestrating all this. Hahahahaha!!! But putting it out there, there's the Carroza and its maintenance, the flowers, the three robes for the three days the Santa is to wear, food for the helpers and those following the procession, and the unexpected things that pop-up at the last minute.

Oh Saint Mary of Bethany, what panic will you be witness to this time? Nothing is more entertaining than an entire household of de los Reyeses trying to get something done. And by the word 'entertaining', there will be stories to regale.

thus spake the Barefoot Baklesa

No comments: