10 December, 2008

I learned something about you last night...


CONSUELO... Is anyone familiar with this concept? I think it's very Pinoy. And I did not realize how much it had governed my day yesterday...

To those of you who are unfamiliar with the concept, CONSUELO [which I consider an essential component of the Filipino Values system] is often associated with the words "consideration",
"consolation", "comfort", and also "charity"...

In the kinaray-a context, the word that comes to mind is "pasuna-id" which translates to 'an act of consideration'

The question put forth, for example, If you were witness to an inappropriate behaviour of one individual against someone you know, what would you consider as an act of "pa-consuelo" for the latter even if it's not your quarrel?

Maybe I put stock in people's actions during their unguarded best... For why shouldn't I?

I was raised to be calculated with my actions. So, this is me being calculated -because you asked me to.

Observe my every move from now on...

No comments: