07 May, 2009

ten things in my gay mind: Welcome the SaGAYlas, Dionisia Pacquiao’s Foundation, and the Jun Lozada Farce



TEN:
Yesterday, my mother informed my that one of my second cousins suffered a stroke… I never really liked this cousin of mine, and all I really wanted to ask was, “Is she dead yet?” but I spared my mother from hearing it. Now, that may come out as mean, but I take issue with ingratitude and dishonesty. And as I have said a hundred times over, “Beware Karma..” and this is what I meant by it.


NINE:
This name: Janice Dickinson… I just can’t put it to words how I love the insanity that is this woman!!! And the fact that all the boys she has in that modeling agency and just hot… [insert image of the barefoot baklesa wiping drool from his face] Thanks to Joms for the copy of season 3 and 4 of JDMA…

EIGHT:
I could not care less about Manny Pacquiao anymore. He’s not my “champ“… Then again, I am not “the people”! Hahahahaha!!! But on the other hand, his mother, Dionisia Pacquiao, is remotely entertaining.

What is with all that foundation she was wearing? I was going through the channels when I chanced upon her interview and I stopped and asked myself, “Who is this corpse they are interviewing?” She was like one of Madame de Pompadour’s powdered wigs!!! [don’t get it? check your European history, people…] Somebody help her get the right shade of foundation, please… I mean with all that money…

SEVEN:
I came upon these photos of my beloved Mario Maurer, already inebriated… Drunk or not, he still makes me all gooey inside…



my thanks to Man of the Rose for the photo...


SIX:
Now that the merry month of May is upon us, and the many Filipino Fiestas are scheduled within the next few weeks, one more thing shall bring out the gays in full force: The Sagala -or to put it in the appropriate context- the SaGAYla in your local areas will be featuring Queens -and I mean that with amused affection- doing a promenade in their fabulous gowns to distract us from all this third world absurdity…



FIVE:
I hear David Archuleta and David Cook are performing on the same night, at the same venue here in Manila… Not that I find that it has any significance to my life, I just had to ask, “If I were to attend this concert and scream: ‘David! David! David!’ who do you think that scream would count for? David C or David A?” Hahahahahaha!!!

FOUR:
I love this store called BUY THE BOOK.. I have been purchasing marked down books from them for some time now. The books they have will surprise even the seasoned bargain book hunter who has worn out the many Booksale branches in the Metropolis. Yesterday, while waiting for a meeting, I browsed around and found a few art books I saw at Page One years ago, marked down at a real steal! Of course, I had to BUY THE BOOKs -get it? BUY THE BOOKs?- Hehehehe!!!

THREE:
Lately, there has been some controversy about Martin Nievera’s version of the Philippine National Anthem which he sang at the last Pacquiao fight I never bothered to watch. A lot of people have had their take on this including the National Historical Institute that quoted a Republic Act on the dictum of performing the National Anthem and how it is to be sung in public. And the latest to join the bandwagon is Party List Representative Teddy Casiño recommending a hearing at the House of Representatives regarding the matter.

I think a “commie” like Teddy Casiño, masquerading as a politician should just concern himself with pretending to be a politician and not waste precious pesos on a preliminary hearing as if there are not many more important things than a carried-away rendition of the National Anthem.

To quote myself when I was in school, “Can we not? Seriously…”

TWO:
Winner for “Another Television Commercial To Be Remembered For Sheer Campy-ness” is Governor Vilma Santos’ Vaseline Anti-Dandruff Shampoo TVC!!!

Mother: Thanks, Ate Vi!!!
Ate Vi: Thanks Vaseline, Thanks Nature!

Wagi, mga kapatid!!! Wagi!!!

ONE:
Is it just me, or has the rest of the nation catched-on with the fact that ZTE/National Broadband Deal Scandal star witness Jun Lozada is a such a Drama Queen?

I heard he got arrested and jailed for charges filed against him by former Congressman Mike Defensor a while ago. Apparently, the bail charge was set at a measly 6,000.00 pesos.

But what turns this into a farce is the fact that Jun Lozada refuses to accept help to pay for his bail from the many Nuns and some LaSallian Brothers who are his ardent fans… And to top it all off, he is crying “Harassment” again!

He insists on staying locked-up and makes a big fuss about his deteriorating health while behind bars. And he has the gall to cry “Harassment”? If there is anything more absurd than this…WAIT! Oh yes, there is but let’s save that for next time.


Thus spake the Barefoot Baklesa

No comments: