03 July, 2008

"Sidney the Perfume Boy"

on the way home today, i decided to pass by that ubiquitous mall in makati to buy myself an umbrella, again...it's my 4th umbrella since the start of the rainy season. really now, i don't know what it is with me and losing umbrellas. i think it began when i lost that fine wooden handle one my uncle got for me in london; and since then i have been losing one after the other since 2001!

but that's not really why i'm blogging...

On my way down, i decided to pass by the perfume area of the department store to see if Sidney, one of the perfume boys, was there.

I think it was around march earlier this year when i met Sidney: I was lugging around a newly bought toolbox and some tools when i decided to pass by their section [ i know, i have it bad, right? i actually remember the details! whahaha! ].

Sidney was fair, he had these eyes that gazed at you like 'he's so happy to see you'...and these lips that were just about right. Oh man...

Since then, i would pass by there every chance i got. And i was shamefully flirtatious [ argh! confessions... ] -can you blame me?

The last i saw Sidney the Perfume Boy was about three weeks ago. I just came from the foreign exchange counter and when i took a turn, there he was with those eyes...and just as i was walking towards that area, my phone rang and i had to take the call.

I couldn't make heads or tails of it, but i never did reach Sidney's display case that day...

The other day i passed by, anticipating those eyes, and he wasn't there. And just this evening, still no sign of him...

And the song 'taylor the latte boy' was playing in my head as i walked past...

Oh well, that's just the way it is...

No comments: