06 October, 2009

God Help the Outcasts...



"I ask for nothing, I can get by
But I know so many less lucky than I
Please help my people, the poor and downtrod
I thought we all were the children of God
God help the outcasts, children of God..."



I've been thinking about this song a lot lately...

I was watching the early evening news when I saw this feature about a teenage boy who came back to school after having experienced the flooding that came with typhoon Ondoy - he had nothing on him but the clothes he had saved to wear that day- his school bag and things were washed away with the flood waters as well as two sets of his school uniforms [the only ones he had]...

My heart just could not take it... there are more stories after the storm; some worth more tears than that already shed.

This song is also a prayer for those who survived the storm... I ask that you play it in the hopes that it sends good energy across the karmic/dharmaic highway...


...thus spake the Barefoot Baklesa

No comments: